Do you need a new frittata recipe? Then it's time to make this Bone Broth Protein Vegetable Frittata. This isn't your standard frittata. No, this egg-based dish is loaded with fresh veggies and protein from Bone Broth Protein Pure.
Perfect for a weekday breakfast, this vegetable frittata can be personalized with your favorite veggies. Throw in some red bell peppers, scallions, roasted garlic, green onions or egg whites. You can't go wrong with this frittata!
How to Make A Veggie Frittata
Best of all, this protein veggie frittata is so simple to make, but it looks super fancy, perfect for entertaining weekend guests. And it's prepared in one pan — less dishes to wash! Let's get cooking.
Start by heating an oven-proof, all-metal sauté pan over medium-high heat. Bring the butter, bone broth and sea salt to a simmer. Add in the veggies and let it all simmer for 8 minutes uncovered. Reduce the heat to low.
Whisk the benefit-rich eggs, basil and red pepper flakes together. The fresh basil adds a ton of flavor to this protein veggie frittata, but if you don't have the herb on hand, thyme works nicely as well. And though it's optional, I love the extra "zing" the red pepper flakes add.
When the eggs are whisked, add the mixture to the pan with the bone broth protein and stir to combine. Turn the heat to medium-low. Cover the pan and cook on the stove for around 5 minutes.
Next, remove cover and transfer the pan to the top rack in the oven. Turn on broil and let the frittata finish cooking. Keep your eyes on the eggs in this step; you want them to set, not burn. This will take anywhere from 3-5 minutes.
That's it! This protein veggie frittata powered by bone broth is ready. I like garnishing it with some of the fresh herbs and serving with a side of avocado slices for extra performance fats and nutrition.
Bone Broth Protein Veggie Frittata Recipe
Total Time: 28 minutes
- ½ tablespoon butter
- 1 scoop of Bone Broth Protein™ Pure mixed in 4 ounces water
- ½ teaspoon sea salt
- ½ red onion, diced
- 1 cup small broccoli florets
- 1 cup sliced mushrooms
- ½ red bell pepper, diced
- 8 eggs
- 1 tablespoon minced fresh basil
- ¼ teaspoon crushed red pepper or chipotle flakes (optional)
- In a large, all-metal sauté pan over medium-high heat, add the butter, Bone Broth Protein, water and sea salt. Heat to a simmer.
- Add veggies and sauté until soft for 8 minutes, uncovered. Reduce heat to low.
- In a medium bowl, whisk eggs, basil and optional pepper flakes together thoroughly.
- Add egg mixture to pan and stir to combine. Cover and cook on stovetop for 5 minutes.
- Place pan in oven on top rack and broil uncovered for 3-5 minutes, watching carefully, until eggs are set.