Recipe courtesy of Dr. Josh Axe, co-founder of Ancient Nutrition and also author of the best-selling books Keto Diet and The Collagen Diet.
Some of us have certain requirements each morning. It can go like this: coffee, collagen, donut. Now, you can combine those last two fabulous ideas into one, but a donut recipe that's healthy!
Even better? This chocolate donut recipe uses our new Multi Collagen Protein Chocolate with clinically studied ingredients, offering proven gut, skin and joint support.
Last but not least, this is a chocolaty donut that is both healthy and delicious, not an easy feat to pull off! It's a great way to start your day because it's balanced with the three macronutrients: 9 grams of carbs, 14 grams of performance fats and 12 grams of protein.
- Serving Size: 1 donut
- Calories: 200
- Total Carbohydrates: 9g
- Fiber: 3g
- Sugar: 4g
- Total Fat: 14g
- Unsaturated Fat: 9.9g
- Saturated Fat: 3.3g
- Protein: 11.5g
- Cholesterol: 56mg
- Potassium: 318mg (7% DV*)
- Sodium: 32mg (2% DV*)
*Percentages are based on a diet of 2,000 calories a day.
Double Chocolate Collagen Donuts
Meal Type: Breakfasts, Snacks
Diet Type: Gluten-Free, Paleo
Prep Time: 15 min
Cook Time: 15 min
Total Time: 30 min
- 2 eggs
- 1 cup almond flour
- 1 tablespoon coconut flour
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 scoops Multi Collagen Protein Chocolate (about ½ cup)
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- ¼ cup dark chocolate chips
- ¼ cup vanilla Greek yogurt
- 2 tablespoons nut (almond, coconut, etc.) milk
- Preheat oven to 350 F degrees.
- In a large bowl, whisk eggs together.
- Add in all remaining ingredients and stir until well combined.
- Transfer batter into a piping bag.
- Squeeze batter into greased donut pan (silicone works best), filling each spot about ¾ to the top.
- Bake 12–15 minutes, removing when a toothpick comes out mostly clean.
- While donuts are baking, melt together the frosting ingredients in a small saucepan over low heat to make the frosting.
- Once donuts are finished baking, allow to cool completely and remove frosting from heat.
- Dip donuts into frosting and enjoy!