The following is an adapted excerpt from Dr. Josh Axe's new book Ancient Remedies.
Maybe it's cold outside, and you're looking for a nourishing, immune-supporting soup? Look no further than my very own Dr. Axe's Immune Supporting Bowl, which is chockfull of nutrient powerhouse ingredients like shiitake mushrooms, kale and cauliflower.
This bowl recipe includes Bone Broth Protein or Multi Collagen Protein for gut, skin and joint support. By promoting the health of your gut with these collagen-based supplements, you're also supporting immune function.
- Serving Size: one 12 oz. bowl
- Calories: 382
- Total Carbohydrates: 6.7g
- Fiber: 1.7g
- Sugar: 2.1g
- Total Fat: 21.2g
- Unsaturated Fat: 12.3g
- Saturated Fat: 6.7g
- Protein: 40.9g
- Cholesterol: 111mg
- Potassium: 683mg (15% DV*)
- Sodium: 595mg (34% DV*)
- Vitamin A: 696 IU (30% DV*)
- Vitamin C: 24.2mg (32% DV*)
*Percentages are based on a diet of 2000 calories a day.
How to Make Dr. Axe's Immune Supporting Bowl
Meal Type: Soups, Dinners
Diet Type: Gluten-free, Keto, Low-carb, Paleo
Prep Time: 5 min
Cook Time: 35 min
Total Time: 40 min
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- 1?2 onion, diced
- 2 pounds boneless, skinless chicken thighs, cut into bite-size pieces
- 8 cups chicken bone broth (or 8 scoops Bone Broth Protein or Multi Collagen Protein mixed with 8 cups water)
- 1 head cauliflower, cored and chopped
- 2 cups chopped shiitake mushrooms
- 1?4 cup white miso paste (chickpea or soybean)
- 3 cups stemmed and chopped kale
- Heat the coconut oil in a large soup pot over medium heat. Add the onion and chicken thighs and cook, stirring frequently, until browned, about 10 minutes.
- Stir in the broth, cauliflower, mushrooms and miso. Bring to a boil then turn the heat to medium-low.
- Stir in kale. Cover the pot and let the soup simmer for 25 minutes, until the cauliflower is cooked through.