Dr. Josh Axe, DC, DNM, CNS, is a doctor of chiropractic, doctor of natural medicine, clinical nutritionist and author with a passion to help people get well using food and nutrition. He operates leading natural health website DrAxe.com and is co-founder of Ancient Nutrition, a health supplement company. He’s also author of the books Eat Dirt, Essential Oils: Ancient Medicine, Keto Diet, Collagen Diet and the just released Ancient Remedies.
By Dr. Josh Axe
As a clinical nutritionist, I firmly believe that collagen is a key ingredient to building a strong foundation.
Collagen is the most abundant protein in the human body. And while our ancestors ate a collagen-charged diet full of broths and stocks to support the entire body, dietary collagen is virtually non-existent in the American diet today.
In my opinion, we woefully come up short in supplemental and dietary sources of collagen, and because of it, we’re often feeling it in our gut and joints — and noticing it on our skin.
I hear from people daily sharing success stories after sticking to a regimen of Ancient Nutrition’s award-winning Multi Collagen Protein powder and capsules. But for people on the fence about using collagen, one question I kept getting was … exactly how long does it take to see and feel the benefits of collagen?
Ultimately, that depends on the collagen or collagen product because they are not all the same.
I know from my own experience and the experiences of thousands of Multi Collagen Protein users that the skin, gut, hair and joint benefits are real. But my team and I discovered a way to “unlock” collagen using the practice of fermentation.
Because of this, our reformulated version contains collagen with clinically studied ingredients backed by human clinical trials. A collagen like this is not available anywhere else, and it is a game changer in the collagen world.
Timeline of Collagen Benefits
Here’s where it gets tricky when you’re shopping for collagen. Most brands out there don’t offer a specific timeline of proven results backed by clinical trials. So it may be hard to know what to expect — or if the ingredients are even backed by rigorous studies in humans.
In some cases, I worry that some folks may be investing their money in collagen or its ingredients without the guarantee of a proven track record.
But Ancient Nutrition Multi Collagen Protein powder and capsules offer proven, rapid results — some of which you could see in as little as one day.
So instead of relying on celebrity endorsements and tons of advertising, we focused on research-backed ingredients to bring you a collagen experience unlike anything out there, without raising the price.
Here are the proven benefits to help get you with your glow, but also with your “moves” with confidence.
1. Skin and Hair
We naturally start losing collagen in our skin in our 20s and beyond, leading to sagging skin and other changes. Multi Collagen Protein …
- Improves the appearance of crow’s feet after 4 weeks
- Improves skin tone after 8 weeks
- Promotes healthy hair thickness and growth
- Reduces hair breakage
2. Joints and Exercise Recovery
Because collagen is a crucial component of the joints and the muscles surrounding your joints, you can see why finding a collagen with proven, specific, rapid and continuous joint benefits is a must. My Multi Collagen Protein formula …
- Provides rapid relief for exercise-induced joint discomfort (Day 1) and stiffness (Day 5) immediately following exercise
- Reduced exercise-induced joint discomfort as early as Day 1
- Shown to reduce exercise-induced stiffness by 18.5%
- Shown to improve exercise recovery by 56.3%
- Reduces collagen degradation with noticeable results in as little as 3 days
- Improves recovery from exercise-induced stiffness in as little as 4 days
- Improves immediate exercise-induced stiffness in as little as 7 days
- Improves recovery from exercise-induced discomfort in as little as 8 days
- Reduced joint discomfort rapidly (7 days), continuously (30 days) and persistently (90 days)
- Reduced knee stiffness at 7 days
- Reduced knee stiffness, discomfort and improved function at 30 days
- Reduced discomfort, both rapidly (7 days) and continuously (60 days)
- Helps maintain healthy cartilage and cartilage turnover
- Helps joints recover faster from exercise-related joint stiffness and discomfort
- Helps reduce joint cartilage breakdown resulting from normal wear and tear
- Helps to protect joint cartilage from breakdown due to exercise
- Increases flexibility
- Reduces ROM (range of motion) associated discomfort
Collagen is also a key component of your gut lining. In general, collagen is required to help make sure the gut lining remains healthy.
Multi Collagen Protein contains clinically studied probiotics shown to …
- Promotes healthy elimination
- Supports healthy digestive function
- Helps to maintain healthy gut microflora
As always, you should consult your healthcare professional prior to any new dietary or lifestyle regimen, including dietary supplementation.