Enjoy the flavors of fall in this pureed pumpkin soup. Blended together as one thick and creamy soup, you’d never guess all of the nutrients hiding in your bowl.
Bone Broth Protein Pumpkin Spice infuses this soup with protein, collagen and, of course, a delicious pumpkin spice flavor. Cashew butter, coconut oil and coconut milk supply performance fats. Garlic, turmeric and paprika provide antioxidants.
Blend up this pumpkin soup tonight for a serious nutritional boost … you won’t regret it.
The best thing about homemade soup is that you can control the ingredients and make a meal that’s packed with nutrient-dense, beneficial ingredients. Here are the stars in this pumpkin soup recipe.
- Bone Broth Protein: Our Bone Broth Protein Pumpkin Spice is an important ingredient in this pumpkin soup recipe because it features a slightly sweet, pumpkin flavor, while supporting the health of our gut, skin, nails and joints.
- Coconut Oil: Coconut oil is an excellent source of beneficial medium-chain fatty acids, and it helps to support a healthy response to inflammation.
- Cashew Butter: Cashew butter adds a decadent creaminess to this soup, while also supplying plant-based protein, fiber and antioxidants.
- Pumpkin: Pumpkin is low in calories, contains fiber and features micronutrients including vitamin K, vitamin C and potassium.
- Turmeric: Turmeric is an impressive spice that’s rich in antioxidants and helps to support a healthy inflammatory response.
- Serving Size: 1
- Calories: 286
- Total Carbohydrates: 19 grams
- Fiber: 4.5 grams
- Sugar: 5.9 grams
- Total Fat: 21.5 grams
- Unsaturated Fat: 8.5 grams
- Saturated Fat: 11.5 grams
- Protein: 8.6 grams
- Cholesterol: 2.5 milligrams
- Potassium: 490 milligrams
- Sodium: 408 milligrams
*Percentages are based on a diet of 2000 calories a day.
How to Make Bone Broth Protein Pumpkin Spice Soup
Prep time: 5 min
Cook time: 15 min
Total time: 20 min
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- 1 small onion
- 3 cloves garlic
- ½ teaspoon turmeric
- ½ teaspoon paprika
- 1 can organic pumpkin
- 1½ cups chicken broth
- ? cup cashew butter (spouted if possible)
- 1 scoop Bone Broth Protein Pumpkin Spice
- ½ teaspoon black pepper
- 1 jar roasted red peppers
- ½ cup coconut milk
- 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- optionally garnish with parsley, pumpkin seeds and yogurt
- Heat coconut oil over medium heat in a saucepan.
- Brown onion and then add garlic for 2 minutes.
- Add everything but pepper, coconut milk and lemon juice.
- Bring to a boil, then allow to simmer for 5 minutes.
- Stir in remaining ingredients.
- Pour into blender and puree until smooth.
- Serve in a bowl with parsley, pumpkin seeds and yogurt garnish.