Recipe courtesy of Dr. Josh Axe, co-founder of Ancient Nutrition and also author of the best-selling books Keto Diet and The Collagen Diet.
It's September! Is it part of your morning routine to stop at the local coffee shop for a pumpkin spice latte? Once you try this better-for-you alternative, chances are it won’t be anymore.
Our Pumpkin Spice Latte Recipe leaves out the artificial flavors and refined sugars and offers protein and collagen instead — thanks to inclusion of Bone Broth Protein. This tasty Bone Broth Protein Pumpkin Spice Latte will leave you just as satisfied as the cafe-bought version, but instead of being a “guilty pleasure,” it’s actually something you can feel good about drinking. (Go to bottom of the post for a substitute recipe with Bone Broth Protein Vanilla.)
Each pumpkin spice latte ingredient used in this recipe has something special to offer.
Oat milk gives the latte its signature creamy taste, the espresso lends the recipe a rich flavor and a bit of a lift from a small amount of caffeine, and the BBP provides you with satiating protein.
Bone Broth Protein Pumpkin Spice has a delicious flavor and is lightly sweetened with cinnamon and stevia extract rather than regular sugar, keeping the carb content and calories low. It’s gluten-free and made without dairy or soy and made from grass-fed and pasture-raised beef bone broth, which naturally contains collagen types I and III.
Importantly, adding BBP to your diet is an easy way to support a healthy gut as well as healthy nails, skin and joints.
- Serving Size: 1
- Calories: 112
- Total Carbohydrates: 3g
- Fiber: 0g
- Sugar: 1g
- Total Fat: 6g
- Unsaturated Fat: 1g
- Saturated Fat: 5g
- Trans Fats: 0g
- Protein: 10g
- Cholesterol: 32mg
- Sodium: 36mg
*Percentages are based on a diet of 2000 calories a day.
How to Make Pumpkin Spiced Latte with BBP
Prep time: 5 minutes
Total time: 5 minutes
- 1 cup oat milk (or coconut milk)
- ½ scoop Bone Broth Protein Pumpkin Spice
- ¼ cup organic espresso
- Brew ¼ cup of organic espresso or coffee.
- Heat oat or coconut milk in a saucepan over low heat until warmed.
- Add coffee, nut milk and protein powder to a blender and blend until well-mixed.
- Pour into a mug and add a little extra nut milk froth for the topping. Then sprinkle with cinnamon.
If you can't get Bone Broth Protein Pumpkin Spice, go with this recipe with Bone Broth Protein Vanilla.
- ½ cup coconut or almond milk (add more or less to suit your taste)
- 10 ounces strong brewed coffee, hot
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- 2 tablespoons pumpkin puree
- 1½ teaspoon pumpkin pie spice more for serving, if desired
- cinnamon as desired
- 1 scoop Bone Broth Protein Vanilla
- coconut whipped cream (optional)
- In a small saucepan, heat the nut milk until hot and bubbly.
- Transfer to a blender and add in the hot coffee, pumpkin puree, coconut oil, pumpkin pie spice, cinnamon, and Bone Broth Protein. Blend for 30–60 seconds until fully combined.
- Serve right away, with coconut whipped cream if desired. Enjoy!