It's the middle of the afternoon and you need energy to power through the rest of your work day. Or maybe you're an hour before your workout and just can't imagine putting in the effort?
Meet this Almond Butter Banana Protein Bar recipe! With only extra healthy ingredients and easy as pie to make, these may be the best protein bar you've every had ... and it's certainly a lot better for you than anything you can pick up at the store.
Gluten-free oats: a good source of fiber, trace minerals and plant-based protein.
Sprouted almond butter: full of monounsaturated fatty acids, dietary fiber and antioxidants.
Maple syrup: one of the best natural sweeteners, containing higher levels of beneficial nutrients, antioxidants and enzymes compared to white table sugar.
Bananas: a great source of several essential nutrients, including potassium, magnesium, fiber and more.
Eggs: a great source of protein and can help provide a wealth of important nutrients, including selenium, vitamin B12, phosphorus and riboflavin.
- Serving Size: 1
- Calories: 241
- Total Carbohydrates: 11.8g
- Fiber: 1.4g
- Sugar: 5.1g
- Total Fat: 21.1g
- Unsaturated Fat: 7g
- Saturated Fat: 12.3g
- Trans Fats: 0.7g
- Protein: 4.6g
- Cholesterol: 173mg
- Sodium: 168mg (11% DV*)
- Vitamin A: 662 IU (28% DV*)
*Percentages are based on a diet of 2000 calories a day.
How to Make
Meal Type: Snacks, Desserts
Diet Type: Gluten-free, Paleo
Prep time: 10 min
Cook time: 30 min
Total time: 40 min
- 1 cup gluten-free oats
- 1 cup Bone Broth Protein Pure (or Vanilla)
- 1 cup sprouted almond butter
- ¼ cup maple syrup
- 2 ripe bananas, mashed
- 2 eggs
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 350 F.
- Grease 8 x 8 pan with coconut oil or line with parchment paper and set aside.
- In a small bowl, add in oats and protein powder and stir.
- In a large mixing bowl, add in almond butter, maple syrup, bananas, eggs and vanilla extract.
- Mix almond butter mixture until well combined.
- Pour in oat mixture and stir again.
- Spread batter into pan and bake about 30 minutes or until firm.
- Let bars cool before cutting and serve.