A gluten-free carrot cake treat loaded with nourishing Bone Broth Protein? You'd better believe it! If you love carrot cake, I guarantee you will love this protein- and vitamin-packed snack.
These moist, healthy carrot cake protein bars are perfect for on-the-go snacking and a great way to get a daily serving of veggies. They're also an ideal, satisfying macronutrient snack, with 26 grams of high quality carbs, 14 grams of protein and 16 grams of fat.
Top with grass-fed butter, a drizzle of honey or a thin layer cream cheese frosting … then devour!
- Serving Size: 1 square
- Calories: 266
- Total Carbohydrates: 26.2g
- Fiber: 5.1g
- Sugar: 10.6g
- Total Fat: 15.8g
- Unsaturated Fat: 4.5g
- Saturated Fat: 10.2g
- Protein: 13.5g
- Cholesterol: 33mg
- Potassium: 401mg (10% DV*)
- Sodium: 151mg (10% DV*)
- Vitamin A: 2808 IU (120% DV*)
*Percentages are based on a diet of 2,000 calories a day.
How to Make Carrot Cake Bars
Meal Type: Desserts, Snacks
Diet Type: Gluten-Free, Paleo
Prep Time: 10 min
Cook Time: 25 min
Total Time: 35 min
- 1 cup dates, halved and pitted
- ½ cup melted coconut oil
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 teaspoons cinnamon
- 2 eggs
- ¼ teaspoon sea salt
- 4 scoops Bone Broth Protein Vanilla
- 1 ½ cups shredded carrots
- ½ cup walnut pieces
- 1 ½ cups oats
- ¾ cups raisins
- Preheat oven to 375 F.
- Line an 8x8 baking dish with parchment paper.
- Blend together dates, coconut oil, vanilla and cinnamon.
- In a medium mixing bowl, whisk eggs, sea salt and protein powder together until well combined.
- Add date mixture and whisk to combine.
- Add remaining ingredients and stir to combine.
- Bake for 25 minutes, or until golden brown on outside.
Variations: substitute the coconut oil for applesauce, or add a thin layer of cream cheese frosting!