Let’s face it, spending an adequate amount of time in the sun is vital for your health. We could all use that organic dose of vitamin D. Sunburn, on the other hand, is another story. No one wants to be red, burnt and peeling … And it’s important for your health to try to avoid sunburn in the first place by wearing non-toxic sunscreen, keeping on a protective layer of clothing or limiting your time in the sun.
But on the inevitable occasion sunburn happens to you or a loved one, the best next step is to soothe and hydrate your sunburnt skin. Liquid aloe vera juice, fractionated coconut oil, lavender oil and peppermint oil combine in this DIY sunburn spray to help do just that.
DIY Sunburn Spray
- ½ cup liquid aloe vera juice
- ? cup fractionated coconut oil
- 10 drops Ancient Apothecary Lavender Essential Oil
- 10 drops Ancient Apothecary Peppermint Essential Oil
- Glass spray bottle
- In a saucepan, add 2 inches of water. Place over medium heat.
- In a jar, add coconut oil and aloe vera juice. Place jar in saucepan and stir, waiting for the mixture to liquefy and combine.
- Once combined, remove from saucepan and add in the oils, mixing well.
- Pour into a spray bottle and store in a cool place.