This homemade muscle rub penetrates deep into the muscles, promoting a soothing and relaxing sensation. This is an excellent rub for your post-workout routine. Its ingredients feature powerful compounds like curcumin, capsaicin and menthol.
How to Make Homemade Muscle Rub
Total Time: 30 minutes
- ½ cup coconut oil
- ¼ cup grated beeswax
- 2 teaspoons cayenne powder
- 2 teaspoons ginger or turmeric powder (Note: While turmeric is an outstanding muscle and joint soother, be aware that it will cause some temporary skin discoloration)
- 15 drops peppermint essential oil
- 15 drops lavender essential oil
- glass jar
- Pour all oils (except essential oils) into a jar. Place a saucepan with 2 inches of water over medium-low heat.
- Place jar in saucepan and allow contents to melt. Stir to combine. Add the cayenne and ginger/turmeric.
- Once combined, allow to cool slightly and then add in essential oils. Mix well.
- Pour mixture into metal tins or storage containers and allow to set.
Special Ancient Nutrition Ingredients
Peppermint Essential Oil
Ancient Nutrition’s Peppermint Essential Oil is valued for its natural cooling effect and its ability to help soothe muscles when applied topically. Peppermint oil also offers other benefits. Our USDA Certified Organic oil can be used topically, in DIY recipes like this one, internally when diluted in water and aromatically.
Lavender Essential Oil
Ancient Nutrition’s Lavender Essential Oil is favored for its calming, relaxing and clean scent. It is commonly used in health-promoting DIY recipes, like this natural muscle rub. Our USDA Certified Organic, Non-GMO lavender oil is versatile and serves as the perfect addition to your routine when unwinding at the end of the day.