Oatmeal Almond Butter Bars Recipe (with Collagen!)
Posted by Ethan Boldt on
The following is an adapted excerpt from Dr. Josh Axe's new book “Ancient Remedies"
Looking for a healthy, energizing snack with some collagen? Want a chewier granola bar with performance fats and some natural sweetness? Look no further than these Oatmeal Almond Butter Bars.
- Serving Size: 1
- Calories: 206
- Total Carbohydrates: 18.3g
- Fiber: 3g
- Sugar: 6.3g
- Total Fat: 12.8
- Unsaturated Fat: 10.4g
- Saturated Fat: 1.0g
- Protein: 6.9g
- Cholesterol: 0mg
- Sodium: 31mg (2% DV*)
*Percentages are based on a diet of 2000 calories a day.
How to Make Oatmeal Almond Butter Bars
Meal Type: Snacks
Diet Type: Gluten-free, Paleo
Prep time: 5 min
Refrigerator time: 2 hr
Total time: 2 hr 5 min
- 1½ cups old fashioned rolled oats
- ¼ cup unsalted roasted almonds, chopped
- 1 cup almond butter
- ⅓ cup maple syrup
- ¼ cup Multi Collagen Protein Vanilla or Bone Broth Protein Vanilla
- ¼ teaspoon sea salt
- In a medium bowl, mix together the ingredients until well combined. Mix the collagen in slowly. Pour mixture into a greased loaf pan.
- Refrigerate for 1 to 2 hours, and then cut into bar or cookie shapes. Store in the refrigerator or freezer.