Are you ready to make one of our favorite power breakfasts in just minutes? It's time to try my Paleo Bone Broth Protein Pancakes. If you enjoy pancakes — or even if you don't, for that matter — you're going to love this morning meal.
These are truly protein-packed pancakes, as one serving yields 31 grams of protein, courtesy of Bone Broth Protein. It also has 21 grams of fat against only 6 grams of carbohydrates, so it qualifies as not just Paleo but also low-carb. (It's also gluten-free!)
- Serving Size: 4 small pancakes
- Calories: 341
- Total Carbohydrates: 6.3g
- Fiber: 1.2g
- Sugar: 3.7g
- Total Fat: 21.2g
- Unsaturated Fat: 3.7g
- Saturated Fat: 16.1g
- Protein: 30.9g
- Cholesterol: 164mg
- Potassium: 399mg (9% DV*)
- Sodium: 213mg (17% DV*)
*Percentages are based on a diet of 2,000 calories a day.
How to Make Paleo Pancakes with Bone Broth Protein
Meal Type: Breakfasts
Diet Type: Gluten-Free, Low-Carb, Paleo
Yield: 16 small pancakes
Prep Time: 5 min
Cook Time: 8 min
Total Time: 13 min
- ½ cup applesauce
- 4 eggs
- ¼ cup melted coconut oil
- ½ cup coconut flour
- 1 cup Bone Broth Protein Vanilla
- ? teaspoon of sea salt
- In a medium bowl, whisk applesauce, eggs, and oil together thoroughly.
- Stir in coconut flour, protein powder and sea salt. Allow the pancakes ingredients sit for 5 minutes.
- Heat coconut oil in a large skillet over medium-low heat.
- Once hot, drop batter into skillet and fry until bubbles form on one side. Flip, finish cooking and enjoy breakfast.
- Top with maple syrup, coconut nectar or with raw honey and cinnamon. If you're going low-carb, then top with just fresh berries and a stevia-sweetened syrup.
Variation: Try swapping egg whites as a placeholder for the whole eggs!