Are you ready to make one of the most powerful breakfasts ever in just minutes? It's time to try my Paleo Protein Pancakes. If you enjoy pancakes — or even if you don't, for that matter — you're going to love this morning meal.
These pancakes are made from almond meal and coconut flour, so they're perfect for those avoiding gluten. The applesauce keeps them light and fluffy and adds a hint of sweetness. But what really makes these protein pancakes is the Bone Broth Protein they're prepared with.
Bone broth's benefits are numerous, from gut support to joint support, which is why my favorite protein powder to use is one derived from bone broth.
Ready to get this super-healthy breakfast on the table? In a medium bowl, whisk together the applesauce, eggs and coconut oil together. Next, stir the almond meal, coconut flour, protein powder and sea salt, and let it sit for five minutes.
Then, in a large skillet, heat the benefit-rich coconut oil over medium-high heat. Once the oil is heated, drop the protein pancake batter into the skillet and fry until bubbles have formed on top. That's your cue that it's time to flip those pancakes! Flip and cook for a few more minutes until the other side of the pancake is cooked through.
Top the pancakes with maple syrup and fresh berries, raw honey and cinnamon, or both! Maple syrup is loaded with nutrition but I still recommend you go light on the natural sugars. You can also try to drizzle a little of coconut nectar (similar to molasses), where a little goes a long way.
These make a super simple breakfast or a quick post-workout snack. These Paleo protein pancakes also freeze well so you can heat them up whenever you want. Enjoy!
Paleo Protein Pancakes Recipe
Prep Time: 10 min
Total Time: 15 min
½ cup applesauce
2 tablespoons melted coconut oil
½ cup almond meal
½ cup coconut flour
? teaspoon sea salt
- In a medium bowl, whisk applesauce, eggs and oil together thoroughly.
- Stir in almond meal, coconut flour, protein powder and sea salt and allow to sit for 5 minutes.
- Heat 1 teaspoon of coconut oil in a large skillet over medium-low heat. Brush skillet to make sure oil evenly coats surface.
- Once hot, drop batter into skillet and fry until bubbles form on one side. Flip, finish cooking and enjoy breakfast.
- Top with fresh berries, maple syrup, coconut nectar or with raw honey and cinnamon.