Dr. Josh Axe, DC, DNM, CNS, is a doctor of chiropractic, doctor of natural medicine, clinical nutritionist and author with a passion to help people get well using food and nutrition. He operates leading natural health website DrAxe.com and is co-founder of Ancient Nutrition, a health supplement company. He’s also author of the books Eat Dirt, Essential Oils: Ancient Medicine, Keto Diet and Collagen Diet.
By Dr. Josh Axe
Collagen is one of the things we are typically missing in our diet on a daily basis. Thirty percent of all the protein in the body is collagen, but most people are getting very little of it in their diets.
This protein is critical for the health of your skin, hair, nails, bones, ligaments, tendons, connective tissues and more, which is exactly why it’s making a tremendous impact in the natural health space.
Our new Multi Collagen Capsules products offer up to an estimated 5, 10 to even 20 times greater impact, by weight, than typical hydrolyzed collagen peptides.
How is this possible? The power of fermented collagen peptides. We’ve cracked the “collagen code” with these new, remarkably effective capsules — allowing for greater absorption and long-lasting benefits.
Now you have another incredibly effective way to get collagen into your daily diet. Whether you’re on the go, traveling or just want to expand your collagen horizons — these beauties pack a serious collagen punch without sacrificing results.
What Are Collagen Capsules?
Ancient Nutrition’s collagen capsules are the same four food sources and five types of collagen featured in our best-selling Multi Collagen Protein powder, but in capsule form. These capsules are the only collagen supplements that are made with naturally fermented collagen peptides, boosting their effectiveness even though they are lighter in weight and more convenient.
While most collagen products on the market are made with one or two types of collagen, ours are made with multiple collagen types to take advantage of their major benefits. Here’s a breakdown of the collagen you are getting in each Multi Collagen capsule:
- Type I: The most abundant collagen in the body, used to form collagen fibers and present in the ligaments, tendons, bones and other areas.
- Type II: The well-researched collagen protein found in the cartilage, bones and other tissues of chickens.
- Type III: Works in tandem with type I collagen, found in bone, cartilage, bone marrow and connective tissues, and works as a major component of skin, hair, nails, teeth, eyes, muscles and more.
- Type V: A minor collagen component that plays a role in regulating the development of collagen fibers in connective tissue.
- Type X: Generally found in eggshell membrane collagen and present in normal, healthy joint cartilage.
Here’s the (amazing) thing about getting your fermented collagen in pill form. You don’t have to consume 10-20 grams of collagen protein powder to experience the same benefits. (Don’t get us wrong, though. We still firmly believe in taking collagen powder. These capsules, however, offer you choices … for when you’re on the go or other times when you need their convenience but don’t want to short-change collagen benefits.)
Taking a serving of our multi collagen capsules per day, at approximately 1-2 grams, can provide the same collagen “punch,” in terms of potency and effectiveness.
How is this even possible? Our unique fermentation process that boosts absorption and collagen benefits.
Power of Fermented Collagen
Our collagen pills are the only collagen supplements that are made with naturally fermented collagen peptides, while many brands use heat, chemicals or, at best, enzymes. These are really “forced” processing methods to reduce the collagen particle size, but it can make the peptides more difficult to digest.
Our process uses a unique pair of bacteria and yeast to create proteolytic enzymes that work to break down proteins. This creates a “predigested,” easy-to-absorb form of collagen that is extremely effective in small doses. It’s this power of fermentation and increased body absorption that allows our collagen capsules to have an estimated 5-20 times greater impact by weight than the typical hydrolyzed collagen peptide supplement.
You see, when it comes to collagen, the size of the peptides and the processing method has everything to do with the protein’s absorbency, efficiency and benefits. We’ve used the power of fermentation to create an extremely impactful collagen product.
Collagen is one of the most abundant sources of protein in the body, but as we age, collagen production begins to decline naturally. The modern diet typically lacks collagen-rich foods that provide the amino acids to support collagen formation. By supplementing with collagen from multiple sources, you’re supplying your body with the collagen building blocks it’s been missing.
The power of fermentation in our Multi Collagen capsules allows for rapid, continuous and persistent benefits. All four multi collagen formulas provide the following benefits to your skin, hair, joints and more:
- Relieves joint discomfort rapidly (7 days), continuously (30 days) and persistently (90 days)
- Relieves immediate exercise-induced stiffness in as little as 7 days
- Reduces knee stiffness at 7 days and discomfort at 30 days
- Increases flexibility
- Reduces range of motion (ROM) associated discomfort
- Reduces collagen degradation with noticeable results in as little as 3 days
- Improves exercise-induced discomfort recovery in as little as 8 days
- Helps to protect joint cartilage breakdown due to exercise
- Improves the appearance of fine lines, like crow’s feet, after 4 weeks
- Improves the appearance of skin tone after 8 weeks
- Promotes hair thickness and growth
- Promotes a reduction in hair breakage
Why They Work
The benefits of our multi collagen capsules are possible because of the fermentation process, allowing for a tremendous impact with small doses.
We don’t use heat, chemicals or enzymes to break down collagen into absorbable compounds. Instead, we unlock the “collagen code” with a combination of bacteria and yeast, which breaks down the proteins naturally and allows for much easier digestion.
Now, with our unique capsules, you can take advantage of the many collagen benefits in small amounts. With fermented collagen, a little can indeed go a very long way.
How to Use
Because we know and love the benefits of consuming collagen, we developed capsules that will further address areas that most commonly come up. Collagen supplements benefits include supporting gut, skin and joint health, and supercharging these benefits by providing clinically studied ingredients supports overall body health.
In addition to our original formula, we formulated three other multi collagen capsules products to trigger specific functional areas while harnessing the overarching benefits of collagen.
- Multi Collagen Capsules: Original - These capsules feature collagen from chicken, beef, wild-fish and eggshell membrane. They also include three clinically studied ingredients: organic ashwagandha root, calcium fructoborate and organic amla berry extract. Together with multi collagen peptides, these ingredients help enhance a sense of well-being, support healthy skin, nails and joints, boost energy and help to improve mental clarity. The suggested use for adults is taking three capsules daily with 8 ounces of water or your favorite beverage.
- Multi Collagen Capsules: Beauty + Sleep - These capsules provide the benefits of the original formula, plus they promote more restful sleep, healthy skin elasticity and skin tone, and healthy hair and nails. This is possible because of the proprietary blend of powerful plant-based ingredients that work together to promote overall healthy skin and sleep. The suggested use for adults is taking three capsules daily with 8 ounces of water or your favorite beverage.
- Multi Collagen Capsules: Gut Restore - These capsules feature our multi collagen complex together with our gut restore blend of beneficial bacteria, organic and fermented slippery elm bark, peppermint leaf and ginger root, and organic apple cider vinegar. This blend supports a healthy population of probiotics and microflora in the gut, reduces occasional diarrhea, constipation, gas and bloating, supports collagen and cartilage production, and helps support joint health. The suggested use for adults is taking three capsules daily with 8 ounces of water or your favorite beverage.
- Multi Collagen Capsules: Joint and Mobility - These capsules include our multi collagen complex and our joint and mobility blend, featuring organic fermented ginger root, turmeric root, and skullcap aerial parts, and organic apple cider vinegar. These are the best collagen pills for anyone who wants to increase flexibility, help support joint health, reduce stiffness, reduce joint cartilage breakdown and improve exercise recovery. The suggested use for adults is taking three capsules daily with 8 ounces of water of your favorite beverage.
You should always consult your healthcare professional before starting any new dietary or lifestyle regimen, including dietary supplements such as multi collagen capsules. Always follow label directions and suggested use guidelines.
- Ancient Nutrition’s Multi Collagen Capsules feature the same four food sources and five types of collagen featured in our multi collagen protein powder, but in capsule form.
- When distinguishing the difference between collagen powder vs. capsules, the real benefit of the latter is that they’re powered by fermentation. This boosts their effectiveness even though they are lighter in weight and more convenient.
- We formulated four varieties of multi collagen capsules in order to harness the benefits of fermented collagen peptides together with clinically studied plant-based and other select ingredients.